How to become a Property Dealer
The real estate business is counted among the largest businesses in the world. Real estate business i.e. the business of buying, selling, or renting real estate or land, house, shop, etc. is growing rapidly in India. And for this reason, there are countless opportunities available in this business today’s date. One of those opportunities is a very important and beneficial opportunity to become a Real Estate Consultant or property dealer.
Who is a Property Dealer / Real Estate Consultant / Real Estate Broker / Property Agent?
A property dealer is a person who works as a mediator in selling or renting a house, shop, land, etc. In a way, it is a bridge between the property owner and the buyer or tenant and brings these two parties together to finalize the deal. In return for this work, he gets commission or brokerage, which can range from a few thousand to several lakh rupees.
Usually, on renting a property, the agent can take a rent ranging from half a month to 2 months as a commission. He takes a commission from both sides- both from the owner and also from the tenant. And on the sale of the property, he can get a commission from half to 2% of the property sold. Many real estate agents earn up to lakhs of rupees every month from this work.
What does a real estate agent/property dealer do?
- Property search
- Deal with the owner
- Customer tracking
- Show property
- Property maintenance – such as getting paint, repairs, etc.
- Getting a rent agreement done when the deal is finalized
- Registering land in a registry office on sale of land
- To prepare related papers when the shop is sold.
- Checking when the house is vacant
- House is in good condition
- Electricity bill is deposited
- House tax is collected
- And so on
Note: You do not necessarily have to do all the things mentioned here in every case. What has to be done will differ from case to case.
5 Tips To Be A Successful Real Estate Property Dealer
Focus more on experience than studies
To start this business, much technical education is not required. Some private institutions offer such courses, but you can learn this business better than experience. Around 6 months to 1-year of experience is right to start this business.
Learn these things while taking experience
- How can you find properties
- How can you find customers
- What are the legal documents required
- how to do practical work
- Mathematical calculation related to flat, land, etc.
Use soft skills and maintain credibility
As a property dealer, you have to deal with the landlord or landowner as well as your customers on a daily basis. In such a situation, your communication skills should be good. You should not only be able to speak politely to the parties concerned, but you should also give utmost importance to the trust factor in every one of your activities.
In this business, many times the property owner himself is not present to show the property and gives the keys of his premises to the real estate agent. So if you don’t fit into the trust factor, few people will deal with you. The easiest way to build trust is to work by opening your own office, maintaining transparency, and fulfilling the commitment you make.
Follow these steps to find a property
First of all, in which area you want to do this business, you must have complete knowledge of that area, if you have a mobile in hand and two-wheeler to roam, then it is best to first roam around the whole area, which property to rent and sell A list has to be made of this.
Property search tool
- You will get good property information every day from the daily newspaper
- Property can be found on the internet from websites like Magic Bricks, 99acres, Quikr, Commonfloor, and many more
- Good information can also be extracted from the group Facebook group page WhatsApp group created on the social networks.
- And the most important thing is to locate the property through your contacts.
Once you have prepared a database of properties after working hard, now all you have to do is find the right customer for them.
How to Find Customers
You need customers to do business. You can meet these customers through:
- Opening the office – It is important to have the office at the right place from where the customer can easily contact you
- Newspaper – By giving small advertisements in the newspaper
- Internet – Magic Bricks – 99acres – Quikr – Commonfloor are some of the websites that advertise real estate, you can also get customers through these website’s package take advertisement
- You can also become a customer by creating your own website and promoting it on Google, Facebook, etc.
- And for real estate, Just Dial is also a good way to get in touch with the customer.
Once a customer is contacted, do your best to show him the property he wants. Actually, there is a lot of competition in this field and if you lose even a little, then your business will go to someone else.
In this, you can get brokerage by getting a deal done on the basis of rental. For this, you have to first show the available properties to the customer. Since people are BG on working days, most people like to see property on Sundays or holidays. As an agent, you should be ready to entertain the client at any time. Once established, you can hire some employees and get them to do this work too.
Very often, the price of the owner and the customer does not match and that is why most of the deals do not materialize. It is your job to persuade the owner and the customer for anyone price, if you are successful in this then you get brokerage, this brokerage is rent for 1 to 2 months or whatever the matter.